This week at the Philippine Stock Exchange, gainers outnumbered losers, 151 to 60, while 26 stocks remained unchanged as the local stock market continues to gain on the back of various global market moving news.
The Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEi) gained 4.21 percent this week to 7,138.91 points, bringing its 4-week average gain to 3.29 percent. The All Shares Index also gained 3.10 percent, higher than its 4-week average of 2.93 percent, to end the week at 4,079.75 points.
All indexes posted gains this week, led by the Property Index that was up by 8.00 percent. Total market capitalization went up to Php13.70 trillion this week.
Here are this week’s top 10 gainers:
- Suntrust Home Developers, Inc (PSE:SUN) leads this weeks gainers after its stock soared 88.41 percent, trading at Php1.30 at the week’s close. In a disclosure, the company said it was not aware of any other information that could have triggered the unusual price movement in the trading of its shares.
- BHI Holdings, Inc. (PSE:BH) was the second-biggest gainer this week with a 48.78 percent rise, posting a last traded price of Php669.50 a share.
- Imperial Resources, Inc. “A” (PSE:IMP) gained 34.34 percent this week to become the third-biggest gainer in All Shares. The company’s stock settled with a last trade price of Php5.79.
- Keppel Philippines Properties, Inc (PSE:KEP), up 28.76 percent to trade at Php4.79 at the close.
- Empire East Land Holdings, Inc (PSE:ELI), up 25.68 percent, last trade price – Php0.93
- Bloomberry Resorts Corporation (PSE:BLOOM), up 22.18 percent this week, last trade price – Php5.95.
- Top Frontier Investment Holdings, Inc (PSE:TFHI), up 20.64 percent, last trade price – Php90.60.
- PetroEnergy Resources Corporation (PSE:PERC), up 20.06 percent, last trade price – Php3.89.
- Vulcan Industrial & Mining Corporation (PSE:VUL), up 18.52 percent, last trade price Php1.28.
- Now Corporation (PSE:NOW), up 17.53 percent to Php0.57. – BusinessNewsAsia.com