UBS and The Chinese Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong are joint hosts of the “An Engine for Global Economic Growth” forum.
HONG KONG — UBS and The Chinese Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong are joint hosts of the “Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the HKSAR: An Engine for Global Economic Growth” forum taking place today at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center.
The event was officiated by: The Hon Paul Chan Mo-Po, GBS, MH, JP, Financial Secretary of HKSAR: Amy Lo, Head Greater China and Co-head Global UHNW, Asia Pacific, UBS Wealth Management, and Country Head of UBS Hong Kong; and Dr. Eddy Li, President, The Chinese Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong. In excess of 1,500 delegates including government officials, entrepreneurs, academics, and business leaders attended. The Hon Mrs. Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-Ngor, GBM, GBS, JP, Chief Executive-Elect, HKSAR, also attended and presented closing remarks of the Forum.
The central theme of the Forum is how best to capture business and investment opportunities presented by finance, innovation, artificial intelligence and robotics.
“UBS has been in Hong Kong for more than 50 years and are proud to be part of the Hong Kong story. We are committed not only to supporting the development of Hong Kong’s financial markets but also to promoting the city as a hub for digital and technological innovation. Today, we will address how best we can bring technological innovation to the traditional industries on which Hong Kong has flourished,”said Amy Lo.
“Smart manufacturing is a global megatrend. This forum is an excellent platform for industry practitioners and technology experts to share insights on the applications of innovation and technology in the manufacturing industry. Riding on the opportunities from Belt and Road Initiative and Greater Bay Area, we should also strengthen our collaboration with the Mainland in innovation and technology, to enable Hong Kong to serve as the “super-connector” and open up more business opportunities for our industries,” said Dr Eddy Li.
At the Forum, UBS also announced it will work together with Hong Kong X-Tech Startup Platform (“Hong Kong X”), a Hong Kong-based startup organization, co-founded by Mr. Neil Shen of Sequoia Capital China, Prof. Zexiang Li of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and Prof. Guanhua Chen of The University of Hong Kong, to:
– provide a platform for engagement, networking and knowledge sharing amongst the business community, and the tech start-up ecosystem;
– raise awareness amongst entrepreneurs in understanding the potential of technology innovation advancements and solutions in their businesses to address commercial challenges;
– promote Hong Kong as a centre of technology innovation excellence by supporting the development of start-ups in Hong Kong.
Key speakers and guests at the forum include:
– The Hon Mrs. Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-Ngor, GBM, GBS, JP, Chief Executive-Elect, HKSAR
– The Hon Paul Chan Mo-Po, GBS, MH, JP, Financial Secretary, HKSAR
– The Hon Eddie Ng Hak-Kim, SBS, JP, Secretary for Education, HKSAR
– Mr Liu Ya-jun, Head of the Commerce Office of the CPGLO in the HKSAR
– Mr Philip Yung Wai-hung, JP, Permanent Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development (Commerce, Industry and Tourism), HKSAR
– Mrs. Amy Lo, Head Greater China and Co-head Global UHNW, Asia Pacific, UBS Wealth Management, and Country Head of UBS Hong Kong
– Dr. Eddy Li, President, The Chinese Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong
– Mr. Andrew Sheng, Distinguished Fellow of Asia Global Institute, HKU
– Mr. Douglas Hodge, Managing Director and Senior Advisor, PIMCO
– Ms. Min Lan Tan, Head Chief Investment Officer APAC, UBS Wealth Management
– Professor Zexiang Li, Chairman DJI and Googol Tech, Co-Founder of Hong Kong X-Tech Startup Platform
– Professor Qiang Yang, New Bright Chair Professor of Engineering, Chair Professor and Head of Department of Computer Science and Engineering, HKUST
– Dr. Jinbo Shi, General Manager, QKM
– Mr. Li Xu, CEO, SenseTime
– Mr. Li Qiang, Chairman of the Board of Qianhai Financial Holdings Co., Ltd
– Mr. Tan Min-Liang, CEO & Chief Gamer, Razer Inc.
– Mr. Jason Chiu, Founder & CEO, Cherrypicks
– Mr. Albert Wong, CEO of Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation
– Mr. Eric Chen, Founder and Chief Commercial Officer of Vitargent
– Mr. Shi Yi, Founder and CEO of Avazu Inc.
– Mr. Joey Chung, Founder & CEO, The News Lens Group
– Ms. Tina Cheng, Partner, Cherubic Ventures
The program for the Forum may be found at: