HONG KONG — PuraPharm Corporation Limited (“PuraPharm” or the “Group”, HKEX: 1498) is a leading Hong Kong-based Chinese medicine company specialising in the research and development, production and sale of Concentrated Chinese Medicine Granules (“CCMG”) products under the “Nong’s” brand.
The Group has announced that its first-ever Nong’s Chinese Medicine Clinic in Mainland China has commenced operation at Nanning in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region on 31 July 2017. The “Guangxi-Hong Kong CEPA Cooperation Project and Nong’s (Nanning) Chinese Medicine Clinic Opening Ceremony” has received support from various sectors, including leaders from relevant authorities of the Nanning Municipal, and representatives of various business partners, education institutions and professional associations. They presided at the ceremony to witness the Group’s advancement toward a new chapter in its development.
The Group has recently obtained the Certificate for Medical Institutions to Practice from the National Health and Family Planning Commission of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, and is the first Hong Kong-funded medical institution to be granted approval to operate in Guangxi under the Mainland and Hong Kong Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (“CEPA”). The Group intends to speed up its pace in opening Nong’s Chinese medicine clinics in Mainland China by capitalising on its extensive clinical experience and providing unique Chinese medicine diagnosis and treatment services, as well as applying healthcare and medical big data to deliver advances in Chinese medicine diagnosis and treatment services to local residents.
Mr. Chan Yu Ling, Abraham, Founder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of PuraPharm, said, “We are delighted that our first-ever Nong’s Chinese Medicine Clinic in China has been opened in Nanning, not only initiating the Group’s replication of the successful model of Nong’s Chinese Medicine Clinics in Hong Kong within Mainland China, but also representing a significant milestone for the Group’s Mainland operations extending from R&D and production of CCMG products to Chinese medicine diagnostics services. In addition to expanding our investment in Nanning, we will open more Nong’s Chinese medicine clinics elsewhere in China including Shanghai, with the aim to capture the huge demand for modern Chinese Medicine services within the country.”
Guests of honour who participated in the ribbon-cutting act during the opening ceremony of Nong’s (Nanning) Chinese Medicine Clinic operated by PuraPharm (From left to right):
1. Mr. Huang Shoujiang – Chairman of Kam Ling Development Company Limited
2. Mr. Huang Huansheng – Former Deputy Secretary, Counsel and Deputy Director-General of the Department of Commerce of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
3. Mr. Miao Jianhua – Party Member of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region Health and Family Planning Commission and Director of the Guangxi Botanical Garden of Medicinal Plants
4. Mr. Calvin Chan – Executive Director and Vice President of Nong’s Clinic Operations and Development of PuraPharm
5. Mr. Zhao Hongming – Standing Committee Member of CPC Nanning Municipal Committee and Head of the United Front Work Department
6. Mr. Abraham Chan – Founder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of PuraPharm
7. Mr. Ou Tingjie – Deputy Director of the Committee for Liaison with Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan and Overseas Chinese and Committee of Foreign Affairs of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
8. Ms. Viola Man – Executive Director of PuraPharm
9. Mr. Lan Yizhou – Former Secretary-General of Guangxi Medical Merchant Association
10. Mr. Zhang Yiheng – Director of China Operations (Nanning) of PuraPharm
11. Mr. Yeung Wingtung – Executive Director of ENM Holdings Limited